Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4, Love Notes and Christmas Trees

021

Last night hubby went to get something out of our room after the girls had gone to bed and he found this.  A love note from Faith.  She taped her horseshoe charm to the front.  If you know Faith and her love of horses you will know how important it is to her and what an act of love it was to put it on the note.  The inside is filled with the money she got for Christmas, oh how I love this girl.  She heard me telling Hubby after paying bills on Monday that we are broke.  Not broke like we can’t live - broke like let’s tighten the belt after spending too freely through the Christmas season but being 8 she has no idea what I meant.  She took this information to heart and wanted to help, she gave everything.  Everything!  My heart just breaks when I think about her willingness to give and trust that her needs are provided for, she is such an example of how I need to live trusting that My Heavenly Father will provide for me.

022

Not only is she so tenderhearted look at how resourceful she is.  That is an American Girl Doll clothing hanger taped to the envelop.  Doesn’t it just make you smile?

Guess what else is still making me smile?

019

Yes, we are 4 days into the new year and my Christmas tree is still up and  I am loving every minute of it, I still get up every morning and turn the lights on and sit in it’s beautiful glow and have coffee.  It has a little bit longer up because we are waiting to be able to do one more of our family celebrations.  I will miss it when it is finally packed away.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful heart she has, you all have obviously done a marvelous job raising her up! I took my tree down yesterday and was sad to see it go! Sadly, to get new toys put away the house had to be returned to normal? Such a beautiful time of year, always sad when it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. My Shelby has a heart like that as well. She is very sacrificial. Makes me feel like we did something right as parents. Really, it's the grace of God. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have wonderful children!
    I love that your tree is still up!! If we weren't remodeling, I'd still have ours up too.

    ReplyDelete